LUCAS Chest Compression System
The LUCAS Chest Compression System is designed to deliver uninterrupted compressions at a consistent rate and depth to facilitate ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation). It delivers automated compressions from first response in the field to ambulance transport and throughout the hospital. LUCAS facilitates consistent blood flow from the moment it is turned on, helping to improve a patient’s chance for a successful outcome. With LUCAS, defibrillation can occur during ongoing compressions that can prime the heart for a successful shock. Also continuous compressions help maintain coronary perfusion pressure needed to facilitate ROSC.
· Effective, consistent and uninterrupted compressions according to current AHA guidelines
· Maintain good blood flow
· Increasing operational effectiveness
· Easy to use and efficient to own
· Keep personnel safe during CPR
You now have the choice between an air driven and battery powered LUCAS device. The original LUCAS 1, is a pnuematically-driven device and requires no electrical supply for operation. It is powered by compressed air from a portable compressed air cylinder or wall outlet. LUCAS 2 runs off of Lithium-ion Polymer battery technology, which has a long shelf life and requires no test-cycle maintenance. Both devices are equally easy to use and are designed to deliver uninterrupted compressions at a consistent rate and depth to facilitate ROSC.
Improving Operations in the Field
- Reduce the number of EMTs or firefighters to assist with CPR during a cardiac emergency
- Provide continuous, effective compressions, helping to maintain good circulation in the patient while medics remain seat-belted for better safety in a mobile environment
- Simple and easy to use with minimal training, keeping the cost of ownership low
For the clinically progressive agency
- Deliver chest compressions according to the guidelines – ensuring compressions continue uninterrupted at a consistent depth to facilitate ROSC
- Work in tandem with cooling therapies or impedance threshold devices for a comprehensive approach to patient resuscitation
- Deliver effective, consistent, uninterrupted chest compressions and can help effectively manage the code scene while helping the patient to maintain good circulation
- Help maintain coronary perfusion pressure without interruption which is crucial to improving patient outcomes
- Enable the intervention to continue in the event of a cardiac arrest in the cath lab by providing consistent, guidelines-quality chest compressions, which facilitates blood circulation to supply oxygen to vital organs.
Important Disclosure and Safety Information